Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Home

Well I'm back home after traveling to Foley, AL for a few days in the RV. We camped at Palm Lake RV Resort with seven other rigs from our Holiday Rambler club, The Pelican Ramblers. We had a good time and had an excellent opportunity to test the new electric heating mattress pad. The weather was around 20-25 degrees overnight for two nights so it was a very good test. Slipping between the covers into a warm bed is like being in heaven. I can recommend it highly. It was GREAT!!!!

I can also tell you that if you eat at Lambert's (Home of the Throwed Rolls) in Foley, AL you will gain at least 1-1/2 pounds...I DID!!! The food was great and the atmosphere was fun. Rolls were flying all around and people came by the table offering spoonfuls of fried okra (Zach would love this), fried potatoes and onions, blackeyed peas, apple butter (for the throwed roll) and, did I already say, fried okra. It was worth the 1-1/2 pounds but now I have to get back on my fitness track. The only exercising I did on the trip was trying to stay warm! (By the way, I've already been back to the gym.)

We finished the trip with a stop at Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville, LA. We met our friends, the Schroeders and the Watts, and camped overnight. The Schroeders hosted the church youth at a cookout (that probably helped with the 1-1/2 pound weight gain). The youth were on a retreat at the park. Great bonfire built by Jim Watts, my Jim and Rob. Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment