Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bronchoscopy

Well today was the day of the bronchoscopy. Trying to discover what the "thing" is in my lung. Arrived at STPH about 7:20 AM. Finished paperwork with admitting and was in the elevator headed up by 7:30 AM. Everything went fast...in room right away. Weight on admittance was 130.2 pounds. Lightest so far even with giant Saucony's on.

Was growing a little worried this morning before leaving home but Pastor called at the perfect time and prayed with me over phone. Calm result. Nothing like communicating with God when worry sets in. I'd been saying prayers myself all yesterday and this morning but there is something special when a friend can pray for me. Thanks Rev. Thank God

Anyway, everyone very nice at hospital and took such good care of me. IV (which I dread) was painless thanks to Martha. Taken to procedure room early (before scheduled 9 AM time) by Nurse Debbie. Really don't like to wait around! Believe worse part was breathing treatment to numb throat...weird inhaling meds and could feel throat "going away". Saw the doctor come in (thank God for him) and that's all I remember (thank God for sedation). I believe I was back home around 10:30 AM and promptly undressed and crawled back into bed for a nap. Woke again around 12:30 PM, took some sips of water and decided throat had recovered and I could probably eat something. Finally had 1/2 sandwich (tuna) around 1:30 PM and feel more back to normal.

Waiting to hear from doctor. Want to talk to him myself...he did tell hubby everything went well and, I think, he sent specimens for lab work. I'll know more when I can ask him my usual thousand questions. As I said before, thank God for my doctor.

Friend is having foot operation today also. Have not been able to get in touch to see how she's doing. Left message on phones...hope someone can call later. Her recovery will be lots longer than mine has been...foot on pillows and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment